Thursday, January 6, 2011

Waiting for Warmer Weather

Another view of our barn.

Today was an easier day than most. Pappy went to check all the rented pastures for hay, baby calves, fence problems, etc. Then he went to our rental house that is empty to paint. I picked up the Grand-boy and went by to talk to him about some possible tenants. While I was there, another man stopped to look at the house and talk. So at least there has been a lot of interest in the house today. Maybe we'll rent it this weekend.

The Grand-boy played outside at the farm while Pappy finished up some chores. I fed the chickens some left overs. #1 Daughter made some Oreo truffles today. She got the recipe at work from her boss's wife. They are really good. I tried a new recipe tonight for dinner. I took some left over sloppy joe meat and sauce, and added it to Alfredo sauce and a can of rotel. Then I added a third of a package of Velveeta type product ( I use store brand). When this was all melted together, I poured some prepared spaghetti in a 9X13 pan. I poured the sauce mixture over it, added grated cheddar, and baked until bubbly. The family ate the whole thing, so it was good.

This weekend I am looking forward to taking down the Christmas decorations. Have a fantastic Friday! Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment