Monday, July 25, 2011

Bible in 90 Days - Check-in 3


Tonight was our third Bible in 90 Days check in.  About half my group have checked in , and I am so grateful for their continued reading and support.  I have had 5 withdraw at this time.  For what ever reason, this program was not working for them at this point in their life.  Maybe the next time we start it will be right for them.  Or maybe they wish to read at a slower pace.  We don't all have to do everything the same, as long as we are all headed to the same goal.  I hope that goal is a closer walk with our Lord. 

It means so much to me to see so many women, from different walks and stages of life, come together to read God's word and to praise Him.  To support each other, pray for each other, offer what ever they can to help another toward this shared goal.  That is as life should be.

But during the days we are not involved in Bible in 90 Days, do we notice when someone needs an encouraging word or prayer?  Do we look for ways to mentor and lead others to Christ?  I know I am no different than anyone else.  But maybe these are things we should look at and ponder in our hearts.

I am really enjoying this time with the other ladies (and some gentlemen).  But I know before we know it will be over again.  Another successful group of women now familiar with the complete Bible.  So I guess all I can do is enjoy this time we have together, and savor what this session has to teach me!  Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment