Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cleaning out a Rental Home

Today I am going to tell you a little about the rental home business.  Pappy and I have had rental property for about 20 years.  When we first started we had three babies in diapers!  It's been a long time.  Recently we bought a mobile home from the gentleman I work for.  We will redo it, then sell it owner financed.  We bought it "as is"  and Pappy is in the process of reworking it.  Today I went by for a minute and it was largely improved.  It looks really nice.  I will try to have pictures this weekend.  In the kitchen, he painted the cabinets doors pale yellow.  Really lightened up the place.  I can tell he and our daughters have done a lot of work in there. 

We also have to "unload" the home.  Take out all the personal belongings that were left in the house by the previous tenant.  A couple of the items were things I had recently decided to look for.  I only shop second hand for the most part, and with a list.  So it takes a while sometimes to find what I am looking for.  When two items I was looking for show up "free"  I believe it is a God moment!  One of the items was a piano bench.  My husband brought it home to see if I wanted it, and it was perfect as a little desk or table for the Grandboy.  He can use it to eat in the office, or draw, etc.  We spend a lot of time in the office, and where we are, he is also.  So I was really pleased about this.  The second item was a floor lamp.  It is very nice, made from wrought iron.  I wanted it to go by my den chair and footstool.  I thought I'd like to start trying to do my Bible readings in there, but I knew the light wasn't good.  I also brought home a stacked set of white baskets that I put in our bathroom for storage, two sets of wind chimes, and shoots from a ground cover plant.  My daughter #1 brought me home a box of books.  Oh, I forgot.  I also brought home a china clock that worked when I changed the battery.  It stands about 8 inches tall.  It is pretty.

All in all, it was a nice afternoon treasure hunting, and I didn't spend a cent!  Well, unless you count what we paid for the trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment