Monday, August 22, 2011

Finding Sisters in Unexpected Places



Lord, I don't know about all the other ladies out there, but I have trouble finding "like minded" ladies in real life.  Women who wake up each day, waiting to see what you have planned!  I have acquaintences at work.  I have friends at church.  I have even advertised for prayer partnes.  But people are so busy, too busy to pray or study the Word with me.  For a while now, I have had such a longing for this type of friendship.  Just one woman, Lord, who I can trust my heart with, and bare my soul.  And she will go with me in prayer, to bring my concerns before you, Lord.  She won't gossip about the things I share with her.  Prayers about my kids, my  marriage, the future of our Country.  A sister to share Bible study and accountability with.  Lately I feel so seperate and apart from others I know.  Why am I the only one who feels this way?  I know my children think I'm different from other moms they know.  I don't try to be different, Lord.  I just ended up that way, I guess.  I know that you said that "Straight is the gate and narrow the way that leads to heaven".  So maybe my lonliness is a good sign! 

Lord, I believe that I have found a few friends like the sort I have been looking for.  I found them on the internet!  My sister said, "I heard you have a twitter account".  She has been after me for years to get a facebook account.  I said, "yes, I do.  But really just for Bible study type things".  A few women (three in fact) have volunteered to pray with me.  And I have ladies (and gents)  that I am reading the Bible in 90 Days with, and have #B90Days twitter parties with.  I have a Maximize Your Morning Group for waking up early to study your word.  Yes, I would still like to sit over coffee in person and read, study and pray with friends.  But sitting by my computer is almost as good!  I can still bring my coffee!  Thank you, Lord, for this unexpected blessing.  Let me see where you are leading me, Lord.  Amen.  Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment