Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday - A Day of Rest?

Today is Sunday.  I always like Sunday, because usually it goes at a slower pace than the rest of the week.  This one, not so much.

The day started out without Grandboy.  If he doesn't spend Saturday night, he usually comes Sunday morning before church.  This week that didn't happen.  I got a call in the middle of church that he was at McDonald's and needed to be picked up.  So I had to leave church to go get him.  We got back for the last ten minutes or so of church.  He helped me pass out school supplies to some of the children at church.  School starts in our county tomorrow.  Since Grandboy loves church so much and missed most of it, we went back for the "evening" service at 1:30. 

Between services we went home and had lunch.  I washed the dishes, and made iced tea.  After the late service, I started canning.  Today I canned lima beans, corn, and apple pear sauce.  I also did about 5 loads of laundry, cooked dinner, planned the weekly menu, and washed dishes.  Now for some quiet time.  I need to send a few "get well" cards to people at church, and catch up on my Bible in 90 Days reading.

It is going to be in the 60's tonight.  That will be great.  Maybe our utility bill will go down! 

One other thing I have been working on this evening is the grocery list.  I will do our monthly grocery trip this Friday night.  We don't shop like most people.  We grow most of our own food.  We raise our own beef, some chicken, rabbit, lamb, goat, and some years pork.  We also have our own catfish.  We have a garden, and grow most of our vegetables.  We have our own eggs, and make some of our cheese from goat's milk.  So mostly, I buy a lot of dairy.  Cheese, milk, butter, sour cream, yogurt.  I buy staples like sea salt, sugar, nuts, mustard.  I buy fruit and produce for salads.  I buy crackers, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, bread, coffee, and tea.  I buy tuna.  I also buy those big huge bottles of water.  This is because we are on a well, and if the utilities are off we won't have water.  So at least we will have something to drink.  I buy non-food products, like dish soap, dryer sheets, paper plates, toilet tissue, Kleenex, and cat food.  I am going to buy glue mouse traps this time, because it is getting cooler and we saw a mouse this week.  That happens when you live in the middle of a 100 acres of cotton!  And I buy as much as I can on the scratch and dent shelf, and the marked down bins.  I go at least once between for perishables, and more bread and milk.  The last time I did this everything in my cart was marked down.  The cashier said, "How are we suppose to make any money if everything you bought is marked down?"  I said, "I guess you'll have to make it on someone else!". 

Well, that's all for today.  Thanks for stopping by!  Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment