Tuesday, October 11, 2011

31 Days of My Real Farm Life - Day 11

31 Days of Life on Our Farm!



Today is Tuesday.  It has been raining here, which is always a blessing.  My car is in the shop, so I am driving an extra car we have.  It seems my car is going to be very expensive to fix, maybe $1,000.  I'm praying that is not the case.  I told my husband to take all the sheep to the sale, and we would just have to postpone Christmas!  He told me not to worry about it, it would all work out.  So I have been praying about it.

Guess what!  I just got back from picking up my car!  And it was only $166.  I am so happy, and so thankful.  It only needed a water pump.  My car has only had two cylinders for a few months.  The garage we used to go to was going to fix it, but they went out of business.  When the new mechanic found this out, he thought the car had a cracked head.  So I need to plan to have this fixed, but all that had to be done today was the water pump.  What a wonderful day!

Pappy is at the trailer again.  The appliances were delivered yesterday.  Still a lot to do though.  It is coming together.  Our daughter seems so excited.  More like herself.  I hope it does her good being back near home and her family.  Maybe she will remember who she is, and who she needs to be.

Our electric bill dropped by half this month!  Last month it was over $400.  This month It was $240, I believe.  That is great.  I was looking forward to having a cold winter here like last year.  We actually had snow a few times.  But we never have winters like that two years in a row in the South.  The Farmer's Almanac says we will have a mild, wet winter.  Wet will be good, since it has been so dry here.  And I guess mild will be good for our budget!  One good thing about winters in the South, they don't last long.

Well, I think I need to go cook supper.  We are going to have breakfast.  Eggs, sausage, and biscuits.  Maybe some sliced tomatoes.  Talk to you tomorrow.  Honey

1 comment:

  1. It must be going around....Jamey's car started acting up yesterday!

    ReplyDelete