Wednesday, October 12, 2011

31 Days of My Real Farm Life - Day 12


31 Days of Life on Our Farm!

Hey!  Welcome back!  Today was a rainy Wednesday.  It was really a nice fall day.  After work, I ran a few errands.  Daughter #3 wanted me to come by her work, and I did.  I got a set of Bob books to teach GrandBoy to read.  I have a few, but not the whole set, in the box.  I was glad to find that.  I also got a book titled "Gathering Manna - Finding God's Grace in Life's Wilderness" by Sue Fallin.  This book is about Sue Fallin, and how she overcame and was healed of several diseases using her faith.  I was interested in the book, and dropped it in my cart.  While I was standing in line, I realized while flipping through the book, that it took place in the next large city to where we live.  That made it even more interesting.  I got home about 4:00, and since then, I've read about half the book.  I always said I was going to be a writer when I retire.  I better give that some thought.  I also got the book "The Red Tent"  that I have read a lot about.

I went by the post offices to pick up rent.  We just had one envelope containing $150.  Not one of my best days.  Then I ran by the daycare to pick up GrandBoy.  I haven't been to the daycare in about 3 weeks, and he was so excited to see me there.  We stopped by the trailer where they will be moving.  Pappy was working there today and tomorrow.  We had a nice visit, and got home in time to get ready for church.

This weekend I have a large list of produce to process.  I have cayenne pepper to make pepper sauce with.  I think I will also string some up to dry.  I have to can the last of the tomatoes.  I want to freeze the bell peppers.  I need to can apples.  I'm thinking about doing pie filling.  And I have a cabbage to put in the freezer.  I can't decide if I want to pick the cactus pears this year.  Last year I juiced them, but I haven't done anything with the juice yet.  Maybe I should try some.  I did it because the cactus pears are suppose to make the prettiest red jelly for Christmas. 

Well, that about covers it for today around here.  Hope to see you tomorrow.  Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment