Saturday, December 31, 2011

GoodBye 2011

I've been missing, I know.  Been a lot going on here.  If anyone is still out there reading,  I'm sorry.  But I'm back now.  Starting to feel better after my surgery.  Still can't eat like I did, but I understand that is normal.  I've lost 20 pounds.  I would like to lose some more, so we will see.

We had a nice Christmas.  The family was able to get together and open gifts.  I came to realize since my birthday, that there is really nothing that I want or need any more.  So I'm thinking I would like to do something different next year, than receive gifts for myself.  I think I will ask for gifts for an organization, or a charity.  I have all year to think about that though.  I'm sure something will make itself obvious by then.

It has been busy around here, like I said earlier.  Our oldest twin is getting ready to start nursing school.  Her orientation is Wednesday, and she will have some oral surgery Thursday.  I'm not sure when her classes start, but it will be soon.  I think after her orientation she will have to gets scrubs and such.  How exciting for her.

Our second twin is talking to military recruiters.  She thought she wanted to go to the Navy, but now is leaning toward the Army because they will let her keep her hair!  She will take her paperwork back Tuesday, and go from there.  She would like to leave for basic in February.  Not long now. 

In the paper today, I noticed the comic for Family Circus.  The mom said "When all the kids are grown up and leave, it will just be the two of us".  And the dad said "It was just the two of us before the kids".  This is where we are in our life, and I need to commit this to memory.  New and exciting times are here for sure.  I have to remember that I can only see a small part of the picture.

My sister got engaged over Christmas!  I'm sure they are both excited.  She has been divorced for several years, and her children are grown, too.  She will be a "bonus" mom to two young boys.  I'm sure that will be new and exciting for her.   I don't know what their plans are yet.  But I know they seem very happy.  I hope they just go ahead and get married (without a long engagement), and start their new life together!

Today is my Aunt Betty's birthday.  It would also have been my father-in-law's birthday.  It is hard to believe he has been gone 10 years.  I know my husband misses him a lot, still.

Well, It won't be long now until the big ball drops.  When you all read this it will be the new year.  I hope 2012 is better than 2011.  I hope the economy turns around, and that jobs are created.  I hope banks start loaning money again and businesses are able to hire people.  I pray that the people study up on the candidates before the elections and vote for the best candidate for the job.  I pray that the Lord will keep His hand over our country and keep us from further decline.  I pray that great things are in store for our nation in 2012.

Happy New Year!  Love, Honey

GrandBoy and Pappy waiting for the Santa Train!  We all went for the train ride, all six of us!  GrandBoy loved the train, but was a little scared of Santa.  Wouldn't sit on his lap, but shook his hand and said, "You a good ole boy, Santa!"

No comments:

Post a Comment