Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Roll Tide!

Hi friends!  I'm glad to see you again.  I've been away for a few days.  I'm so busy working these days.  And I stay tired.  I think maybe I'm not fully recovered from my surgery yet.  I just know that I want to sleep all the time!

We watched the BCS Championship game last night!  We LOVED it!  Roll Tide!  We thought it was wonderful, and had a great time until the very end!  Our daughters were texting us as they watched from various places with their friends.  Then this morning I got up, and on my way to work I was listening to all the news stations talk about the game.  So many said it was the most BORING game they'd ever seen!?  I didn't get it.  I guess that may be the case if you are not from ALABAMA!  We love football in this state, and my family loved the game!  My husband said that an Alabama team has won the last three BCS Championship games, and we know what football is suppose to be down here!  Roll Tide!

Daughter #1 is loving nursing school.  But she is really busy.  I guess every one has those busy seasons in life.  Oh, how nice to be young and energetic again.

My Husband is looking at Anatolian Shepherd dogs. He'd like a puppy if we could find one reasonably priced.  The are suppose to be the best flock/herd dogs, and we could use one with our goats.  We lose too many to coyotes.  So we are looking around on line to see if we find one in our price range.

I finished my first book (reading) of the year.  It was called "Riding the Bus with My Sister - A Real Life Story" by Rachel Simon.  It is the memoir of a college professor who rides the bus with her mentally retarded sister for a year.  That is what the sister does all day, ride the bus and talk to the passengers.  It was an interesting book.  I usually read extremely fast, and can finish a few books a week.  But I have been reading this one since the New Year.  It made me think about a lot of things in my life.  Maybe you'd like to give it a look.

Speaking of books.  I decided to make a reading plan for the year.  Several years I have kept a list of the books I read that year.  This year I decided to plan 12 books that I want to finish this year, one a month.  The rest of the time I will read what ever catches my eye.  Mostly mysteries!  So on to the list:

Honey's 2012 Reading List - One Book a Month

1.  God is in the Small Stuff and it all Matters.  Stop Worrying and Invite God into the Details of your Life.  By Bruce and Stan

2.  You Can't Begin Too Soon.  Guiding Little Children to God  by Wesley Haystead

3.  The Worn Out Woman - When your Life is Full and Your spirit Is Empty  by Dr. Steven Stephens and Alice Gray

4.  Beloved Unbeliever - Loving Your Husband Into the Faith by Jo Berry

5.  52 Dates for You and Your Mate by Dave and Claudia Arp

6.  A Woman's Guide to Spiritual Warfare by Quin Sherrere and Ruthanne Garlock

7.  The Leadership Lessons of Jesus - A Timeless Model for Today's Leaders by Bob Briner and Ray Pritchard

8.  The Proverbs 31 Lady and Other Impossible Dreams by Marsha Drake

9.  Seasons of a Mothers Heart by Sally Clarkson

10.  How to be the Happy Wife of an Unsaved Husband by Linda Davis   (I see a pattern here!)

11.  Sabbath Keeping - Finding Freedom in the Rhythms of Rest by Lynne M. Baab

12.  Divine Assignments - You Have One too!  by Lana Heightley

Bonus:  Beautiful Boy - A fathers journey through his son's addiction by David Sheff

I didn't put the books in any specific order.  I will just chose as I feel that month.  I picked a bonus book so I would have a choice every month, in case I didn't feel like reading one of the books.  All of these books came out of my personal library, and have not been previously read by me.  I have way too many books, and have a massive amount of books I may never read.  So I am trying to make a plan for that.  For January I  plan to start tonight with #9. 

I would love to hear what you all are reading! 

I wanted to post some photos tonight, but that button doesn't seem to be working on my blog tonight.  Maybe tomorrow it will be working.  Hope you have a great Wednesday!  Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment